Monday, April 11, 2011

"m" is for MILE

Mile: a unit of length equal to 5,280 feet or 1,760 yards

So a couple of weeks ago, my friend Adrian, talked me into
signing up to run Bloomsday. 
Bloomsday is a 7.46 mile run, that is a pretty big
deal in Spokane, WA. 

I have never been a "runner", but I decided to give it a try.
I have been doing short (1 - 3 mile) jogs for the last couple of weeks.
Adrian and I do "big" runs on Sunday - and yesterday we ran 6.61 miles.
Our time was 1:32:43 - we each brought 1 of our dogs with us, so our time was
a little longer. 

We were only going to do 5 miles, but we had to go potty SO bad, that we
jogged to Adrian's mom's house to use the bathroom. haha

I haven't been this sore in quite a while, but my body will adjust soon enough.
I hope.

Bloomsday is on May 1, so we only have a little longer to get ready.
My goal is to finish it in 2 hours.

Sorry - no pics this time!

~~~

2 comments:

  1. I've been a runner for years and years, but I haven't ran in about 12 months now, thanks to being pregnant/on bed rest/new baby. I'm going to buy a jogging stroller soon so I can get back into it... I can't wait!
    I hope you enjoy running :) once you build up some endurance it's such a great way to relieve stress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I think you'll finish under two hours, no problem!
    I can't wait to hear how well you do on May 1st!

    ReplyDelete